Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get a still image from FCPX?

I'd like to get some still images from a clip in FCPX - I find a few ways on forums and articles to do so (at least to create), but can't find a way to get these still images OUT of FCP and be able to use these in Photoshop later.

Got this process : park the cursor in the clip, choose FILE - Share - Export Image Sequence --- but in the end I get a full stream of images ... I want *one*...

Thanks

Posted on Jul 15, 2014 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2014 10:35 PM

Go to the Share Menu and Add Destination (at the bottom of the menu). In the dialog box, look for Save Current Frame. You can then set up the Export image type (Tiff, JPEG, PNG, Photoshop PSD, etc.) from the drop down menu. The Save Current Frame option should be added to your Share menu from then on.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2014 10:35 PM in response to lanstrad1

Go to the Share Menu and Add Destination (at the bottom of the menu). In the dialog box, look for Save Current Frame. You can then set up the Export image type (Tiff, JPEG, PNG, Photoshop PSD, etc.) from the drop down menu. The Save Current Frame option should be added to your Share menu from then on.

how to get a still image from FCPX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.