Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After a fall, the colors of my iPhone 5c screen have become dark.

The screen is not cracked, the phone still works, but the colors are a strange hue. It is darker overall and some of the colors are strangely tinted (eg blue is greenish now). Changing the brightness does not help. I turned off and turned back on the phone as well as holding down the home and unlock button to restart it. Is there any way to reset the screen colors or resolution that would help me here?

Posted on Jul 16, 2014 6:26 AM

10 replies

Apr 29, 2016 3:31 PM in response to jo.co.15

hi I know this is an old post but I had the same issue on a dropped 5s … rather than take it to get fixed (expensive) I tried a software fix first (free): went to Settings > General > Accessibility and switched greyscale mode on to see if that helped. The dark/yellowish tint disappeared; then I just switched that mode off again and it was all fixed 🙂 I don't think it gets easier than that. Hopefully this will help someone else.

After a fall, the colors of my iPhone 5c screen have become dark.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.