Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numerical Dial Pad & Call Option Buttons (Circles) Are Smaller After 7.1.2 Update

Did anyone notice that on iPhone 4 the dialer number pad and option buttons (speaker, mute, FaceTime) are smaller after updating to 7.1.2?

I want to say at least a 15% decrease in size. They don't fill up the screen real estate leaving large ugly gaps on the borders, look undersized, are more tightly packed and actually make it a bit more difficult for me to hit the buttons when on the move (smaller target).

Here's a side by side screenshot of my iPhone 4 vs. my friends iPhone 5.

User uploaded file

http://i.imgur.com/1mFsChU.png

The red dash next to the pound button (or hashtag as its now called 🙂 ) is a fixed length and I used to confirm that my eyes were not lying to me.

Anyone know how to adjust or fix this?

Note: The lock screen pass code buttons remain the correct diameters, which his all the more perplexing.

In some ways it makes me long for the days of pre-iOS 7 when the virtual button icons were nice, big, and chunky enough to accurately touch with a thumb and not end up accidentally landing between two keys or errantly striking the wrong one. I was OK with skeuomorphism and the Aqua'esque U/I.

Stil not in love with iOS 7's design. Too feminine and not rich and robust.

Posted on Jul 16, 2014 8:08 AM

5 replies

Numerical Dial Pad & Call Option Buttons (Circles) Are Smaller After 7.1.2 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.