Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my airplay icon keep disappearing from my ipad?

Airplay icon is very unstable. I have tried all suggested remedies. Restarting router makes it appear but then it goes off again after a short time. Sick of resetting router - everything else works fine - this happens simultaneously on both our iPads. Any help appreciated.

Posted on Jul 16, 2014 3:53 PM

6 replies

Jul 17, 2014 1:54 PM in response to Texas Mac Man

I Have tried all these things exactly but although icon reappears after resetting router, it only lasts maybe 1 program on Apple TV before disappearing again. This has only been happening recently after we had a number of power outages. Only thing I haven't tried is checking settings on router as I am unable to do this but the settings haven't been changed..

Sep 4, 2015 5:44 PM in response to Fedup2578

Same issues. I've troubleshot Apple TV / iTunes Airplay so many times, I feel like I have a (terrible) part time I.T. job. It's unbelievably random what will SOMETIMES work to get it working - and even then it's often only temporary.

Here's the biggest bee in my bonnet, and why I know there's nothing wrong with my router: I can stream HD video from Netflix, Hulu, etc., JUST FINE to Apple TV, very seldom have any problems (not counting Apple TV's horrible fwd / rwd navigation.) Consider the fact these are HD video files coming off satellites, originating from god knows where. Now consider that I have no consistent control whatsoever over streaming an mp3 audio file I OWN, living on MY HARD Drive, from iTunes to the Apple TV, literally 20 feet away from my iMac and router. iTunes is Apple flagship software for all its media, and trying to connect all my iProducts with it is the glitchiest most unreliable thing in the world.

When are they going to wake up and give a crud about this? If only I could see MY music as reliably as I see the lastest Top 40 garbage Apple vomits on the top of my screen with "Music" selected. Gosh that would be refreshing.

Apple: Think Indifferent!

Jan 5, 2016 10:09 AM in response to Hepcat B

Apple don't care becuase they have your money now and that is apparently all that matters ^^, I have been having issue now for months, and apple really doesn't seem to give a ****. my Apple TV just sits there gathering dust now, almost completely useless...... It's a shame apple don't care about the very people that are lining their pockets with cash..... Because of this I am considering switching over to PC/android based equipment simply because apple have lost that "it just works" label and is now no better then then it's much cheaper equivalent. ..... I miss Steve jobs. The company really has gone down hill since his very sad departure from this world, RIP Steve.

Why does my airplay icon keep disappearing from my ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.