Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is apple not verifying my macbook when installing OSX ?

hi

i try desperately to re-install OSX (latest 10.9.4) on my macbook air late 2013

after doing the described steps with deleting existing partition etc, i choose install OSX in the window that appears when i reboot the macbook air.

i am connected to internet etc.

it says, apple will try to verify the permission of this macbook.

ok

then it says there are no permissions about this macbook.

BUT i buyer this macbook inswitzerland, now i am in argentina, the macbook is NOT stolen or modificated, no illegal software etc.

WHY does apple not permit to re-install OSX?

even in the internet recovery mode, it breaks in the middle of download, and theeere appears:

apple.com/support 21 00F

nothing more.

appple has very poor support about this, very poor information on what exactly is wrong.

i WANT to reinstall osx, because my hard drive is full of "other" data, obviously it came with updates along the time. so want a new, nice, clean install and thats all.

can anybody help me?

i of course have a time machine backup, from which i am now using macbook aair,

but this is not the idea of a new install.

Posted on Jul 16, 2014 9:00 PM

9 replies

Jul 16, 2014 9:23 PM in response to el huero

I can barely understand your English, but I think the problem may be that you bought the computer in another country using another Apple ID. Now you are in Argentina using a different Apple ID. You cannot reinstall OS X unless you provide the same Apple ID you used when you purchased the computer and/or OS X.

Jul 17, 2014 12:36 AM in response to Kappy

thank you, but how do i do that if macbook never ever asks me even to enter a apple ID ??????

it is true, i bought in switzerland, and set it up with this apple ID:

undenk(at)undenk.info

then i changed my apple ID primary email to

macbook(at)yoonect.com

(this because i deleted the old email and wasn't anymore able to receive emails to the under(at)undnek.info account)

if i try to make a internet recovery, i get error 2100F or 4403F

when i try to reinstall from the window that opens when holding down cmd+r , i get error message:

apple cannot find installation information of this computer.

i am about to try it with a hammer.

unbelievable.

must i change back my apple ID?

the installation process (or recover process) NEVER ever asks me about any Apple ID--------¨

Jul 17, 2014 4:02 AM in response to Kappy

OK, i calmed down, sorry.

following the situation:

macbook air,

11 inch

mid 2013,

1,3 ghz intel core i5,

4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3,

originally with mountain lion, then upgraded to mavericks in december 2013, today: OSX Mavericks 10.9.4

buyed in switzerland, NOT in a apple store but in a re-seller store.

did firstly set up a apple-id with the following email address:

undenk(at)undenk.info

and then changed to

macbook(at)yoonect.com

(this change worked well, every account as itunes etc is working great, can download and upgrade)

(only the recover email of apple id is not "changeable", it is still set to my first recover email, but i already sent a fill-form to apple in order to change that)

PROBLEM:

i want re-install mavericks or it also could be original software, mountain lion, it odes not matter.

this because my mac is full of unwanted data.

because of wrong settings

because i just want to re-install it form begin, if this is ok?

i tried to re-install from the recover-hd-frive (hidden), and everything worked well, i deleted the existing hd where installation was on, partitioned to a guided, apple journaled partition, quit the "program", chooses "reinstall the OSX".

then the installation process begins, and in the very beginning macbook advertises me that Apple will verify the permission of my computer in order to load OSX and reinstall it.

i hit OK

then very quickly a warning shows up:

apple did not find any installation information on this device, talk to Applecare.

so, then i tried Internet Recover, by pressing alt+cmd+r when booting.

i entered wifi password, (wpa2 personal) and macbook connects to the wifi and e load-bar starts to show up, but after the first 2 minutes a error message shows up, and the globe stops turning.

error: 4403F

another try i got: error: 2100F

as researched in internet this means problems with wifi passwords, firewall, etc.

i set my router to unprotected, opened every hole in the firewall, disabled the firewall etc. same result.

fazit:

it is not possible to load or install neither mavericks or original OSX on macbook air mid 2013.

during the (very short) "installation process" i have NEVER BEEN asked for apple id etc.

(it also would NOT MAKE ANY SENSE then the macbook is never purchased with a apple ID, the apple id comes later, after purchasing it.)

so , i pleas e any body out tehr:

WHAT MUST I DO IN ORDER TO GET MAVERICKS ON MY MACBOOK????

(i want a clean fresh install and not an update or alikes)

muchas gracias cabrones!!!!!!

beda schmid

Jul 17, 2014 4:20 AM in response to Barney-15E

Ethernet on macbook air?

apple is supposing everything works with wifi today.

no ethernet on macbook air.

ISP ....

if they are blocking ports, do you know which port it is?

this ISP socks, they already blocked over 30 serious websites on name server ns1.foxyhare.com who knows why.

but ok, will try on another network... lets find one, in argentinian pampa....

will read the other post, lets see if it helps...tnx

beda

Jul 17, 2014 6:57 AM in response to Barney-15E

this all does not work and will not work.

tried other ISPs, still same awful error messages.

is there a serious possibility to make a boot-stick (USB) or will i just waste my money buying a 8 GB (or greater) USB stick and download mavericks (since mountain lion is not even available on app-store), and then install from the USB?

the threads i found about do 99% lead to chaos and desperation.

Jul 17, 2014 8:16 PM in response to Barney-15E

i can download it, if you read the problem, the point is:

i can not use Internet Recovery or Re-install this OSX when using cmd+r when booting computer.

when i am in App Store, of course i can download it, would be even more "amazing" if i couldn't.

what is NOT possible is download in app store the ORIGINAL mountain lion (installed software when purchased the macbook)

and about contacting apple support, this is like contact with martians or venusian aliens.

so.

that much :
buyd a usb stick, and am now making a boot-stick

and regretting to have spent all that money on a product that does t gene have a serious support.

bah.

i don't want to ruin your day/s

have a nice time.

why is apple not verifying my macbook when installing OSX ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.