Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Choppy Audio LG HBS750

My setup:

MacBook early 2008

Mac OS 10.6.8 (can't upgrade)

LG Tone Pro(HBS750)

Problem:

Choppy Audio with the A2DP (stereo audio) bluetooth profile on my LG Tone Pro HBS750. It seems to have trouble connecting properly with this profile. It will connect and give good audio for the first thing i click on. like the first youtube video or the first text I select to have read to me. They work ok in stereo. but if I play another video or something else it goes all choppy. I then have to stop using as audio device and then reconnect stereo. every time i want to listen to a new audio source it doesn't want to play properly. when it connects properly it will play several audio sources at once. but if I try to do it consecutively it doesn't want to work. it's all choppy. This is only on the stereo setting. if i use mono it works perfectly. but the sound quality *****. I'm wondering if it's my OS being too old. my headset isn't broken. it plays on mono. it just seems like A2DP implementation in MAC OS 10.6.8 is not compatible with my headset.

what I've tried:

pairing the headset

disconnecting and reconnecting

Power cycling the headset.

Reboot my computer.

delete and pair the headset

exchanging the headset

pairing the headset

connecting the headset

disconnecting and reconnecting

power cycling the new headset

rebooting my computer

delete and pair again

nothing seems to work. I spent good money on this headset and want it to work. Thanks for your time.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 17, 2014 11:55 AM

3 replies

Oct 4, 2014 11:58 AM in response to Ian Fischer

I'm having the same issue with the same headset on OSX 10.9.5. Thing is, it worked fine for two months and didn't act up until just a few weeks ago. At first I thought it was interference from WiFi in my apartment, since we have a powerful commercial-grade wireless system in the building. But I went home for the weekend where we only have one pansy little router and I'm still getting the cutting out and garbling and its making me mad.

I tried the fix detailed in this page, replacing the number 40 with 60 just for kicks.

http://danwarne.com/fix-bluetooth-a2dp-audio-quality-mac-os/

Hopefully this helps.

Nov 13, 2014 2:34 PM in response to Ian Fischer

I had the same issue with choppy audio coming out of my bluetooth headset. I had the issue with Maverick and it seemed like it just got worse with Yosemite. What I discovered is that the fix for the problem can be as simple as just replacing or recharging the batteries in all the bluetooth devices attached to your Mac. In my case, the batteries in my Magic Mouse was very low. I replaced the batteries to fully charged ones and the choppy audio from my bluetooth headset went away.

If you want to see what state the batteries in your bluetooth devices are in, just open up System Preferences and then click on Bluetooth. Each bluetooth device in the Devices list should have an icon showing the charge left in the batteries.

Good luck!

[Update]

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. It wasn't the fact that I changed the batteries in the Magic Mouse to new ones that fixed the problem. It was the fact that I had turned off the Magic Mouse when I was replacing the batteries that made the problem go away. As soon as I turned on the Magic Mouse and had it connected again, the choppy audio returned. Turned off the mouse and the problem disappeared. So, it's definitely the Magic Mouse that's the issue, at least in my case. Fortunately, I also have a Trackpad so I can always turn off the mouse when I want to listen to audio through my bluetooth headset and just work with the Trackpad. Oh, well. Sorry for the misinformation. 😕

Bluetooth Choppy Audio LG HBS750

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.