Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All Logic 9 Software Instruments wont work after upgrading to 9.1.8 Help.

After upgrading to Logic Pro 9.1.8 fro 9.0.0, the internal Software Instruments will not work. All my external Plugin Syths such as NI Komplete all work, Fxpansion BFD2 works fine as does my Toontrax Superior Drummer. Specrasonics Omnishpere works, u-He Syths all work.

When I load the ES2,or any of the other Software Instruments, they load and appear. I start to play any one of them and after a second or twwo they stop sounding. I checked all my MIDI parameters in my Settings and Pref's and they are all just the same as I have had them since Logic Pro 7. Nothing has changed. I changed the settings to see if theis upgrade did things a little differently and still nothing so I put all my "used instrument settings, MIDI note values all back to the way Logic has been working for years now. When I bring up Sculpture on a track I can see that it is getting signal by no sound comes out.

I reinstalled my MOTU Audio and MIDI Drivers to make sure it wasn't an external issue. Nothing wrong with those either.

The ONLY Logic Software Unit that is working perfectly is the ESX24. I played it, recorded a track usung it and it plays back without a problem.

I brought up the ES2 again and tried hitting "Bypass" as it was playing a prerecorded section on my Arrange page. It would make a sound for a second or two every-time I hit the "Bypass" button. I like to think I know y way around Logic since I've been using it since Emagic owned it all the way back to my G4 and OS9, but this has me completely stumped.

I have been lucky enough to be able to fix internal issues myself for over 15 years in LOgic, but I cannot find the source of this problem

This makes no sense even after I trouble shot this whole thing...

ANYBODY????...Help Please....

Mac Intel Quad Core 2x2

17 GB Ram

MOTU 828mkll

Logic Pro 9.1.8

NI Komplet 6

Fxpansion BFD2

Toontrax Superior Drummer 2.0

u-He Synths

Rob Page Albino 3

Sprectrsonics Omnishere

Posted on Jul 17, 2014 3:14 PM

1 reply

All Logic 9 Software Instruments wont work after upgrading to 9.1.8 Help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.