Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27 cannot attach to Airport

My machine is an iMac 27, Late 2012 running OS X 10.9.4 Mavericks. This evening, out of the blue, I lost Internet connection, and had an alert come up for a Thunderbolt Bridge. I'm aware of what the Bridge is, and I've already disabled it. But I am still unable to get my iMac back online. The Airport is up, connected, running the latest firmware, and is providing Internet connection to both this iPad and to a second, identical iMac 27. I have restarted the affected machine multiple times, but nothing is working, and there is no error message to give me any idea of what to do next.

How do I get this system connected again?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Jul 17, 2014 10:11 PM

5 replies

Jul 17, 2014 11:37 PM in response to bjames.wi

Go up to your Airport signal strength meter right to the left of your sound icon. Open it and make sure you are connected to your network. Open the Network Preferences and make sure that your Wi Fi is at the top and has the green dot to the left of it. If your WiFi isn't at the top of the list drag it up there and then make sure that your WiFi name is in the second one that says Network Name.

Then you should be good to try it again.

Cheers

Don

iMac 27 cannot attach to Airport

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.