Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

reminder alerts stopped working

My reminder alerts have stopped working on my iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.1 The reminders appear on the screen but no sound or vibration happen.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 18, 2014 12:33 PM

1 reply

Jul 20, 2014 7:53 AM in response to susanmshelley

Hi susanmshelley,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are not being alerted by sound or vibration when a reminder shows up on your lock screen. I would suggest taking a look at the attached article and make sure that the sounds are turned on.

iOS: Understanding sounds, ringtones, and alerts

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5800

If the sounds are turned on and you are still not receiving the alerts, I suggest looking at the following article for troubleshooting notifications.

iOS: Understanding notifications

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3576

Troubleshooting notifications

Push notifications require an active Wi-Fi or cellular connection.

Note: Notifications use Wi-Fi only when a cellular connection is unavailable. Firewalls and proxy servers may affect your ability to receive notifications. For more information, see Unable to use Apple Push Notification service (APNs).

If you're not receiving notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Verify that the app supports notifications.
  2. After installing an app or restoring a backup to a different iOS device, open the app to begin receiving notifications. If the app requires entering or logging in to an account, you will need to do this before receiving notifications.
  3. Check Settings > Notification Center to ensure that the app is configured for notifications. If notifications do not appear in the Notification Center, verify that the Notification Center setting for the app is enabled.

Have a great day,

Joe

reminder alerts stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.