Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i pair my att uverse remote with my apple tv

How do I pair my AT&T Uverse Remote with my APPLE TV

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Jul 18, 2014 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2014 9:48 PM

Apple TV: Using a third-party remote control

3 replies

Aug 7, 2014 9:42 PM in response to Nlangston

I was having this same problem.

What you need to do is first get the u-verse remote to allow you to use the remote buttons associated with the presets (dvd/aux) that are not currently in use. The remote requires that you pair it with a device before it functions on those presets.

The easiest way to do this is to pair it to an imaginary device. To do so, follow these steps using your u-verse remote (point it at your imaginary device).

Hold the preset button of your choice ("DVD" or "AUX") and the "Enter" button for 2 seconds. Release both.

Press the "Scan>\FF" button 1 time.

Press the "Enter" button.

You have now tricked the remote into thinking it is paired with a device thereby allowing you to use the buttons while on the preset.

Now follow the easy appleTV instructions on the "Learn Remote" setting and you will be all set. Enjoy.

how do i pair my att uverse remote with my apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.