Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export iPhone 5 footage on Final Cute Express 4

I have some iPhone 5 footage that I edited on Final Cut Express 4, and now I need to export the video.

I always have a problem with exporting on Final Cut Express. The video always ends up looking distorted and not what it originally looks like.

Let's say I pick 1920x1080 HD, the video would end up super wide (not in 16:9).

How do I export the best quality of a video from iPhone on Final Cut Express 4? They look very clear and pretty when I play it on my computer, but Final Cut Express seems to be ruining them.

Please help. Thank you!

iPhone 5

Posted on Jul 18, 2014 8:18 PM

1 reply

Jul 20, 2014 8:15 AM in response to FaaTaa

Hey there FaaTaa,

It sounds like you are unable to export your video from a project successfully from Final Cut Express. I would use these troubleshooting steps from the following article:

Final Cut Express: Troubleshooting Basics

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2611

Check compatibility and driver versions for third-party devices
If you're using a third-party storage system, input device, or something else, check the support area on the manufacturer's website to be sure that you're using the latest version of the relevant driver or other software for your device, if necessary. To see if your video device has been qualified for use with Final Cut Express, review: Final Cut Express: Camcorder support.

Delete the User Preferences

You can resolve many issues by restoring Final Cut Express back to its original settings. This will not impact your project files, but you should verify your Scratch Disk location setting after doing this. To reset your Final Cut Express user preference settings to their original state, do the following:

1. In the Finder, go to ~/Library/Preferences
    Note: The tilde (~) represents your Home folder.
  2. Remove the "com.apple.finalcutexpress.plist" file from the Preferences folder.
  3. Remove the "Final Cut Express User Data" folder from the Preferences folder.

Final Cut Express

Another approach you might consider is reinstalling Final Cut Express. To do this effectively, you need to remove the application then install Final Cut Express and use Software Update to install additional updates. You don't have to remove everything that was installed with Final Cut Express. Follow the steps below to completely reinstall a fresh copy of Final Cut Express.

The end mentions reinstalling the program, and there are instructions in the article on how to do that.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Export iPhone 5 footage on Final Cute Express 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.