Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I connect my Time Capsule to iCloud and share older pictures from there?

We use an iMac, MacBook Air, and multiple iPads and iPhones, and one legacy PC laptop. When we got our Time Capsule, I transferred our Data backup from an external HD we used with our old desktop PC. Can I connect the Time Capsule to iCloud to share that data, (such as pre-Apple photos) tusing iCloud?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Jul 19, 2014 8:38 AM

1 reply

Jul 19, 2014 3:04 PM in response to Apotts53

You can get access from Internet to the TC if it is setup properly via iCloud and BTMM.. see

Set up and use Back to My Mac

How to remotely access Time Capsule using iCloud and firmware 7.6.1?

However.. you cannot access that material from any device except a Mac.

To have access to the material from any computer you should buy cloud access and store the data files in the cloud via some service.

Sorry my answer is not exact.. but I am unclear what you are trying to achieve.. please give explicit example of what you are trying to do.

Obviously handing out your iCloud credentials willy nilly is not a great idea. So this is for personal access only. Apple have made this system very much an Apple only way of doing things.

Can I connect my Time Capsule to iCloud and share older pictures from there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.