Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloads are timing out!

Whenever I try to download a file larger than.. hmm 750MB, it always speeds up, stays at about 1.5MB/s and then slows down ever so slowly and then it says "The request has timed out." My internet is pretty quick so I doubt it is an internet issue, but then again, I don't really know... please help! 😕

[P.S.] I am running Mavs 10.9.2

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Jul 19, 2014 9:58 AM

1 reply

Jul 19, 2014 1:17 PM in response to cmrs345

Please answer as many of the following questions as you can. You may already have answered some of them; in that case, there's no need to repeat the answers.

• Restart the router and the broadband device, if they're separate. Any change?
  • Run Software Update and install all available updates for OS X or the computer's firmware. Any change?
  • If possible, connect to the router with an Ethernet cable and turn off Wi-Fi. Any difference?
  • Are any other devices on the network, and if so, are they the same?
  • If you can connect to more than one network, are they all the same?
  • Are all network applications affected, or only some? If only some, which ones?
  • Is networking always the same, or is the problem intermittent?
  • Disconnect all other devices from the network. Any change?
  • Start up in safe mode and test. Any difference?

Downloads are timing out!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.