Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Express (2nd generation) not visible in AirPort Utility or iTunes (AirPlay)

Hi!

I'm using an AirPort Express (2nd generation) for my Wi-Fi. I've configured the AirPort Express with my iPhone 5, but when I try to find the AirPort Express on my Windows 8 computer, it doesn't show up in the AirPort Utility software and in iTunes, the AirPlay function is not available. The AirPlay function is working fine on my iPhone 5/5s. What can I do to get the AirPlay function working in iTunes on my computer?

I thank you in anticipation!

/ralledenseje

AirPort Express-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Jul 19, 2014 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2014 4:12 PM

Replace the AEX with a new model. The one you have is not compatible with Airport Utility any longer.

9 replies

Jul 19, 2014 4:46 PM in response to Kappy

The AirPort Express is making my wireless network, and I'm able to use AirPlay from both of my iPhones - iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s. The problem is just that I can't configure the AirPort Express from my Windows 8 computer since the AirPort Express isn't shown in the AirPort Utility and therefore I'm not able to use the AirPlay function in iTunes on my computer either. The computer is logged on to the wireless network established by the AirPort Express, so the AirPlay function should actually be working in iTunes on the computer as well.

Additionally, I've tried to reset the AirPort Express and tried to configure it by the AirPort Utility software on the computer. The AirPort Express was found and the configuration was done but after the reboot of the AirPort Express - which is a part of the completion of the configuration - it wasn't working anymore and therefore, I tried to configure the AirPort Express with my iPhone 5 instead which worked, but the AirPlay function is still not working in iTunes on my computer, and it should also be possible to find the AirPort Express in the AirPort Utility software but none of them are working.

Jul 20, 2014 8:17 AM in response to ralledenseje

I don't have a PC handy here to test at this time, but in the past I have had issues with Microsoft Security Essentials blocking the connection attempt from the PC to the AirPort Express.

If you have that software installed on the PC, you might want to do some digging around in the applications settings or logs to see if a block might be occurring.

AirPort Express (2nd generation) not visible in AirPort Utility or iTunes (AirPlay)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.