Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook G4 that's connected to wifi but not connected to Internet

I Have a later 2005 model iBook G4 running OS X 10.5.8 Leopard, I'm having trouble connecting to the internet. I am able to connect to my home WiFi network but not able to connect to the internet. How do I fix this?

iBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 20, 2014 6:23 PM

4 replies

Jul 21, 2014 4:20 AM in response to Suchta

When you say you aren't able to connect to the internet, is the WiFi network 802.11g?

Is it password protected?

Is the WiFi network limited as to what machines it will share the internet with?

What are you using to get WiFi (what router)?

Are you sure you aren't picking up a neighbor's WiFi network?

And is that same network able to give internet to some other machine, and if so, what machine?

Jul 21, 2014 9:53 AM in response to a brody

Well this is what I know, I know for sure that I am using my home network and the iBook G4 has been able to connect to the same network modem before, it stopped connecting out of no where. The iBook is Capable of 802.11g/n/b using Airport Extreme, I know that I am not using neighbors wifi connection as it is locked and I was able to connect to my home WiFi connection but not able to connect to internet. Yes it is password protected which I was able to connect to. And yes this same network is able to give WiFI internet access to my MacBook Pro and iPad Air and older devices as well perfectly. The router we are using is a Qwest router and we have internet speeds of 12Mbps.

Jul 22, 2014 4:13 AM in response to Suchta

The iBook is Capable of 802.11g/n/b using Airport Extreme

Airport Extreme did not get 'n' coverage until late 2006, on Core2Duo and Xeon Macs. The iBook is not one of those Macs.

If you are using 802.11n connections on your Qwest that will be a problem for the iBook. You need to make it is set for 802.11g/n network.

Qwest was taken over by CenturyLink, and the configuration setup is here:

http://internethelp.centurylink.com/internethelp/wireless-troubleshooting.html

iBook G4 that's connected to wifi but not connected to Internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.