Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

applescript app to batch files using ffmpeg and command

i'm not a technical person and i hoping that i can get a help to create a custom applescript app. i'd like to create an applescript app to run video files from any folder to encode (using ffmpeg) and save the re-encoded version in a new folder inside the current file folder. i found the script that i need to run inside the applescript:

ffmpeg -i ORG-FILENAME -c:v libx264 -crf 27 -c:a libfaac -q:a 100 -map_metadata 0 NEW-FOLDER/ORG-FILENAME && touch -r ORG-FILENAME NEW-FOLDER/ORG-FILENAME

i searched through the forum and found something that might work but my limited knowledge can't get this to work:

on run

tell application "Finder"

set theFolder to (choose folder)

end tell

proceed(theFolder)

end run

on open theFolder

proceed(theFolder as alias)

end open

on proceed(theFolder)

tell application "Finder"

set parentFolder to parent of theFolder as string

if not (exists parentFolder & "A") then

make new folder at parent of theFolder with properties {name:"A"}

end if

end tell

tell application "Terminal"

do script "for f in " & quoted form of POSIX path of theFolder & " do ffmpeg -i \"$f\" -c:v libx264 -crf 27 -c:a libfaac -q:a 100 -map_metadata 0 " & quoted form of (POSIX path of (parentFolder & "A")) & " \"$f\"

done"

end tell

end proceed

when i run this i get:

for f in '/Users/admin/Pictures/0/1/' do ffmpeg -i "$f" -c:v libx264 -crf 27 -c:a libfaac -q:a 100 -map_metadata 0 '/Users/admin/Pictures/0/A' "$f"

done

macbookpro-7:~ admin$ for f in '/Users/admin/Pictures/0/1/' do ffmpeg -i "$f" -c:v libx264 -crf 27 -c:a libfaac -q:a 100 -map_metadata 0 '/Users/admin/Pictures/0/A' "$f"

> done

-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `done'

can anyone help me please

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jul 20, 2014 7:48 PM

1 reply

applescript app to batch files using ffmpeg and command

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.