Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Classic160 Gb stayed in the car forever (bought in 2010)

hi,

my Ipod Classic160 Gb stayed in the car forever (bought in 2010) now at the time of adding music it adds them to the ipod but the ipod does not recognize them as music, instead it does as others files.

I already tired restoring, formatting thru windows and notting seems to work, also everytime i plug it in windows ask to scan and fix.

after checking my hard drive stats obtained as follows:

Retracts: 485

Reallocs: 160

Pending Sectores: 6688

Power on hrs: 85

Start/Stops: 11646

Temp. Current: 26C

Temp. Min: 19C

Temp. Max: 64C

i have seen a lot of forums and similar cases seems to be a hard drive issue???

Tks in advance for the assistance.

iPod classic, 7th gen

Posted on Jul 21, 2014 1:42 PM

10 replies

Jul 24, 2014 7:03 AM in response to Poluch

Hi Poluch,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Do you see any alert messages in iTunes when you add the music to your iPod? Try following along with the automatic or manual syncing steps below, they should ensure the music is added correctly and appears as music instead some unknown file format.

iTunes: Syncing media content to iPod

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1351

Syncing music

1. Connect your iPod to your computer and open iTunes.
  2. Click the button with your device's name, below the Spotlight window.
    User uploaded file
  3. In the main iTunes browser window, select Music.
  4. Select Sync Music. You can select "Include music videos" if you want to sync Music videos to your device.
    User uploaded file
  5. Your device needs to have enough free space to sync the content that you selected from your library.
    Tip: You can use the capacity bar at the bottom of the device settings window to see how much free space is available. The window will update with an estimate as you select content.
    User uploaded file
  6. Click Apply. iTunes will sync the content you selected to your device. The iTunes LCD will show the sync progress and notify you when the sync is complete.
  7. To disconnect your device, find your device in iTunes and click the eject icon. User uploaded file

Syncing manually

If you prefer not to automatically sync content to your device, you can set up manual syncing. Learn how to manually manage your content with more than one computer and your device.

Cheers!

-Jason

Jul 24, 2014 8:01 AM in response to Phil0124

I Sync all my music using Itunes and it doesn´t work as after restoring the ipod it loads all the music and even tells that sync have been completed and can disconnect the ipod, but the thing is that after that the ipod shows as no music on it but when you look at the stats it have all the music files but can not read nor play them as they are displayed as others .

If i try to connect the ipod again it freeze my laptop and windows asks to scan and fix the unit, after a while Itunes asks again to restore the ipod rather than recognizing it inmediatly.

Jul 24, 2014 8:03 AM in response to Jason L

I Sync all my music using Itunes and it doesn´t work as after restoring the ipod it loads all the music and even tells that sync have been completed and can disconnect the ipod, but the thing is that after that the ipod shows as no music on it but when you look at the stats it have all the music files but can not read nor play them as they are displayed as others .

If i try to connect the ipod again it freeze my laptop and windows asks to scan and fix the unit, after a while Itunes asks again to restore the ipod rather than recognizing it inmediatly.

Cuold it be that I need a new HD? have seen that the max temperature that shall be exposed this kind of HD is 60° C and mine shows that was exposed to 64°C

Awaiting your prompt reply,

Jul 24, 2014 11:13 AM in response to Poluch

See Corrupt iPod classic. I believe 50° C is supposed be the max. temperature iPod classic should be allowed to get to, although I've just seen this:

https://www.apple.com/uk/ipodclassic/specs.html

Environmental requirements

• Operating temperature: 0° to 35° C (32° to 95° F)
  • Non-operating temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
  • Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
  • Operating altitude: tested up to 3,000 metres (10,000 feet)

tt2

Ipod Classic160 Gb stayed in the car forever (bought in 2010)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.