Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating ram and to SSD hard drive bluetooth no longer works

Updated my two sets of hynix 2GB ram to two sets of Crucial 4GB ram (8GB total), and then also installed a Samsung 1TB SSD hard drive.

Now my Bluetooth does not recognize any devices at all.

I'm using a Mid-2010 Macbook Pro 17" 2.53 ghtz on the most recent version of Mavericks.

(In order to update to the SSD drive, I inserted the blank drive, formatted it using my install discs, then did an internet OS install of Mavericks, and used Migration Assistant to import all my old data. Everything else is working perfectly fine.)

MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Jul 21, 2014 7:51 PM

2 replies

Oct 12, 2015 11:44 AM in response to bryanbeus

Well, forgive me if this sounds too obvious a question, but did you just try to pair your devices again (or delete them and then try to re-pair)? I actually found your question because I seem to have had the opposite result. I doubled my RAM (to 16gb) and also installed a 1TB Samsung SSD, but my bluetooth seems to work better now. I was looking to see if anyone else has had the same thing happen. I used to have pretty bad connectivity problems with a bluetooth headset (Jabra Revo Wireless) before my upgrades, but since, it seems to connect more consistently. Hopefully you have found a resolution to your problem by now; seems it has been over a year since you made the thread.

EDIT: Don't know too much about the internals of these computers, but is it possible that you may have damaged your bluetooth during your installs? I do not know if anything having to do with the bluetooth is located near where you installed your RAM and changed your drive. Maybe you shorted something, or accidentally disconnected something.

After updating ram and to SSD hard drive bluetooth no longer works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.