Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos in "last import," nowhere in "library."

I have successfully uploaded pictures from my digital camera and they show up under the "Last Import" tab on iPhoto. However, the photos do not show up in the "Library" under any of the tabs ("events," "places," etc.)

How do I make sure my photos are saved to iPhoto and remain in the library?

Thank you!

MacBook Air, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 22, 2014 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2014 4:44 AM

If the Photos are under 'Last Import' or 'Last N Months' then they are in the Library somewhere, just not where you are expecting them to be. We know this as both Last Import and 'Last N Months' are not places, just listings of elements in the the Library.

The two most common reasons that they can't be found is either an incorrect date on the camera or the Sorting (View Menu -> Sort Photos - or Sort Events, as appropriate) has changed.

Quick route to find them: Right-click on one of the images in Last Import and select 'Show Event'. This will bring you to the image in the Library.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2014 4:44 AM in response to bklatsky

If the Photos are under 'Last Import' or 'Last N Months' then they are in the Library somewhere, just not where you are expecting them to be. We know this as both Last Import and 'Last N Months' are not places, just listings of elements in the the Library.

The two most common reasons that they can't be found is either an incorrect date on the camera or the Sorting (View Menu -> Sort Photos - or Sort Events, as appropriate) has changed.

Quick route to find them: Right-click on one of the images in Last Import and select 'Show Event'. This will bring you to the image in the Library.

Photos in "last import," nowhere in "library."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.