Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email: "Apple ID Temporarily Locked" ... Scam?

I got an email from 'iCloud Security Team' today. It is copied below (I removed my real email address). Am I right in thinking this is a scam and I should just delete it? My usual approach with these things would be to go to the website, independently of any links I was given, and try to log in. If there was a real issue with the real website, it should then become apparent...

Geoff

Here's the email:

iCloud/Apple - #myemailaddress#

This message is to inform you that your Apple Account (#myemailaddress#) has been temporarily locked until you can validate your Apple ID details on file. This is a security measure to protect your iCloud Account from unapproved use. We apologise for the inconvenience.

You won't be able to access Apple services or the iTunes & App Store until you verify your Apple Account ownership, we urge you to complete validation as soon as possible. Failure to validate your details within a 24 hours can result in termination of your Apple/iCloud Account to safeguard our system.

How do I validate my Apple Account and unsuspended my Apple ID?
Just proceed to the link below to verify your ID. Login in using your Apple ID and password, then follow the prompts.

> Validate My Apple/iCloud Account Details

While using Apple devices and web services, you’ll still login with your main e-mail address as your Apple login.

If you have questions and need support, please see the Apple ID Support site.

Sincerely,
Apple UK Support

Case Support ID: #I10BA61914-ID9

Posted on Jul 22, 2014 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2014 10:49 AM

It's phishing. Forward it to reportphishing@apple.com and then delete it.

(109803)

3 replies

Email: "Apple ID Temporarily Locked" ... Scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.