Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi for windows 8.1

Can someone give me some advice, before I throw away my iPhone 4 !! I am just fed up with Apple's complex, protective software !!

Problem:

My IPhone 4 ( version 7.1.2) is recognised by my genuine, fully updated Win 8.1 , but, not recognised by the updated ITunes .

I have downloaded the ITunes, and extracted ( using WinRAR) the AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi, . This file is being rejected, and cannot be installed.

Made a repair, still refused to install.

Posted on Jul 22, 2014 11:54 AM

4 replies

Jul 22, 2014 12:20 PM in response to pulu-mt

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it, which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

The section Install missing components has advice on breaking down the iTunes installer into the individual .msi files which might prove useful if one component, such as Apple Mobile Device Support, won't install normally.

In your case I suggest you start with a clean download of the iTunes64Setup.exe file using the direct link. If reinstalling AMDS alone doesn't work try tearing everything down again.

tt2

Jul 23, 2014 12:36 AM in response to pulu-mt

Yes, I got that you know to how extract the .msi, but I was recommending that you start with a fresh copy of the source file in case that might have helped. Have you tried/retried starting over with a complete tear down of all the other components. As noted in the user tip persistence may pay off. What is the exact error message you get when AMDS is "rejected"?

tt2

Jul 23, 2014 2:02 AM in response to pulu-mt

You could try logging the install of AMDS to see if you can work out what the problem is. Try the following command. It has both the .msi file and the output log located at the root of the C: drive but you can edit the paths to taste. The second option switch is slash el star vee and generates a verbose output log.

msiexec /i "C:\AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi" /l*v "C:\Log_AMDS64.txt"

tt2

AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi for windows 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.