Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there is a way to change the "Find and Replace" feature in Numbers 3.2 back to the way it used to be on Numbers '09 version 2.3?

In order to view my documents on my newly purchased Macbook Air I recently had to upgrade my 27" iMac to Numbers 3.2. The new version does fine for what I use it for except the new "find and replace" feature...It is TERRIBLE! It is so much slower than the older version. Plus I loved how the older version showed a table of all the matching word or items you're searching for and you could easily scroll through them to find the one that you were searching for.

My question is: Can you change the Find and Replace feature back to the way it used to be in version 2.3 or Number '09? If so, please show me how. I would really appreciate it.

The image below shows the new version on the left and the old version on the right just in case you don't know what I'm talking about...

Thank you.User uploaded file

iMac

Posted on Jul 22, 2014 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2014 9:13 AM

Hi The.Gav,

Sad to say, but that feature has gone in Numbers 3.2

This discussion may help (or not)

Numbers - How use Find like the previous version?

Regards,

Ian.

5 replies

Jul 23, 2014 9:54 PM in response to The.Gav

Hi The.Gav,

I don't know of anyway to get the old find and replace in the new Numbers until Apple decides it is needed/time. You do know that Numbers'09 is still on your old machine. You can download a trial version of Numbers '09 onto your Air. I don't know if Apple requires you to purchase a new licence number or not. I know that the upgrade from '09 to Numbers 3 is free. Could it work in reverse? If there are no compelling features of 3 you could run '09 on both machines.

quinn

Is there is a way to change the "Find and Replace" feature in Numbers 3.2 back to the way it used to be on Numbers '09 version 2.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.