Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound on iPhone 4s after iO7 update

I performed the iO7 update and sound worked fine until I recorded a video. Now not only is there no sound on any of my videos but no sound at all; music, keyboard clicks, etc. Also there is no volume bar when I swipe from bottom up and my buttons on the side do not work to control volume. Please help.

iPhone 4S, 2008 bmw

Posted on Jul 22, 2014 9:04 PM

1 reply

Jul 22, 2014 9:56 PM in response to Hollywood1028

Not exactly sure which method corrected my NO SOUND problem but I now have sound for everything including videos, music, games, alerts, keyboard, texts, emails and I have volume control bar (from bottom up swipe). This is what I did.

Thanks J.OZ21

1. Go to...Settings->General->Accessibility->AssistiveTouch

2. Turn ON AssistiveTouch - an icon will appear on the screen

3. Touch the icon

4. Touch Device

5. Touch Unmute

6. Touch your way out of AssisitveTouch

7. Turn OFF AssistiveTouch - optional

8. Some folks have said that they had to RESTART the phone as well (certainly doesn't hurt)

9. Enjoy the Sounds

And Then

Clean connectors by blowing and using a toothbrush

And Then

press slightly on top of connector pins with a small piece of hard plastic

And Then

listen to music with headphones, remove headphones check for sound, if not repeat a few times

If not

Play music from iTunes library (I think this activates the volume bar on the bottom up swipe).

If still no sound close all open apps including music , texts , safari, etc and then play music from iTunes again .

This is what ultimately worked for me. Or it was a combination of all of the above. But all I know is I have sound and that is a good thing

#icanhear

No sound on iPhone 4s after iO7 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.