Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.9.4 Breaks Automatic Network Connect

Until I installed 10.9.4 today, I was able to automatically connect to known networks. It stopped working today. I have reset my computer and deleted and re-added the affected networks...

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Jul 22, 2014 10:14 PM

2 replies

Jul 25, 2014 7:11 AM in response to fredfromaz

Hi fredfromaz,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact nature of your issue. If you are talking about automatically joining a known WiFi network when waking or restarting, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful (Specifically, the section listed as Symptom: After restarting or waking from sleep, my computer might not connect to the Internet):

Wi-Fi: How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4628

Regards,

- Brenden

Aug 6, 2014 10:58 AM in response to brenden dv

I have the same issue. Or rather, before the update my iMac would not connect to nor display my home wi-fi network. I attributed the issue to sleep (as I very rarely shut down my computer) and could fix it following the manual steps (that is, removing my home network from the preferred networks list, rebooting and reconnecting).

I thought that the update 10.9.4 would fix this exact behaviour, but it seems that it does not do so. I installed the update July 27 and have had to follow the manual steps to reconnect twice. Not a big issue for me, but annoyingly bigger to the missus.

Yours etc.

Eggs

10.9.4 Breaks Automatic Network Connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.