Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are there mouseover tooltips in Numbers?

Hi,

I am trying to implement tooltips in a spreadsheet I am making to display a corresponding piece of data. I want to use a tooltip like below, that will appear over the cell when moused over: An example would be I have a list of names and phone numbers and I want a tooltip to appear over the name cell containing the phone number.

User uploaded file

If there isn't a way of doing this, an alternate solution would be much appreciated.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Jul 22, 2014 9:14 PM

2 replies

Oct 5, 2015 12:52 PM in response to Hambuglar

I was trying to find out how to do this, so when I had fixed cell sizes with more data than could be seen, the entire block of data would display, without having to double click on the cell.

I found your post, and I think you are asking the same question.

I found the following post; http://optionexplicitvba.blogspot.com/2011/04/rollover-b8-ov1.html - "How to Create a Rollover Effect in Excel: Execute a Macro When Your Mouse is over a Cell". Unfortunately, it is for Excel.

I am still looking for my answer. Hope this helps you.

Are there mouseover tooltips in Numbers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.