Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Classic Won't Sync No Matter What

I have a classic 160 GB iPod that's worked fine for roughly the past year. Recently I tried updating it, but it refuses to sync, no matter what I do. My iTunes and iPod are both up to date, and I even restored it to its factory settings, but no dice. I thought it might be my new computer, but it doesn't work on my old one, either. I've deauthorized and authorized both machines but it hasn't made a difference. Is there anything I can do or is this the end of my iPod?

iPod classic, Windows 8

Posted on Jul 22, 2014 9:22 PM

11 replies

Jul 28, 2014 3:49 AM in response to setmysail

Hi,

I have what sounds like the same problem. iTunes says "iPod sync is complete. Eject before disconnecting." On the iPod itself the "Do not disconnect" warning remains. When I eject using iTunes the normal menu appears on the iPod and there is nothing on the iPod.

In other respects the iPod appears to be responding. I 'restored' the iPod using iTunes, all data is gone, but the device wont sync new data even though iTunes says sync is complete.

I don't have a solution or advice, I'm in the same boat as you!

iPod Classic Won't Sync No Matter What

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.