Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

facebook only website not working

Hi,

facebook does not work on my macbook pro. It says safari can not open the page because safari cannot establish a stable connection to the server www.facebook.com. I have typed the address in and tried searching it in google and getting into it that way but it never works. How do i fix this?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 23, 2014 12:20 AM

1 reply

Jul 23, 2014 12:23 AM in response to rachykinns

Try this

i

I can't test the site, but it's presenting an expired server certificate. That may or may not prevent you from connecting to it. Here are some simple steps you can try.

Check that the date (including the year) and time shown by your system clock are correct.

Restart your router and broadband device, if different.

Try another browser, such as Firefox.

If you connect to the Internet through an HTTPS or SOCKS proxy server, follow the instructions in this support article, or deselect the proxy entirely.

Boot in safe mode and try again.

Follow the instructions in this support article to change your DNS settings.

If possible, test on a different network, such as a public Wi-Fi hotspot or the cellular network of your phone.

facebook only website not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.