Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore Wiki in Mavericks from Lion Server

I´m trying to restore my Wiki Data from a Lion Server to Mavericks. I'm following this instructions, OS X Server: Migrating and copying wiki data from Lion Server,

sudo chown -R _teamsserver:_teamsserver /Library/Server/Wiki/FileData

sudo chmod -R +a "www allow search" /Library/Server/Wiki/FileData

sudo serveradmin stop wiki

sudo serveradmin start postgres_server

cd /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/bin/

sudo ./dropdb -h "/Library/Server/PostgreSQL For Server Services/Socket" -U collab collab

sudo ./createdb -h "/Library/Server/PostgreSQL For Server Services/Socket" -U collab collab

sudo -u _postgres ./pg_restore -h "/Library/Server/PostgreSQL For Server Services/Socket" -d collab -U collab --single-transaction /tmp/collab.pgdump

sudo serveradmin start wiki

but when I introduce the line "sudo serveradmin start postgres_server", the answer is always "postgres_server:error = "CANNOT_START_SERVICE_ERR"".

Somebody may help me?

Posted on Jul 23, 2014 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2014 4:37 PM

Those instructions don't apply to Mavericks Server.

OS X Server: Upgrade and migration from Lion Server or Snow Leopard Server

10 replies

Jul 23, 2014 10:08 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks Linc:

I followed that instructions first but I had a persistent problem with "Contacts and Calendars". Assistant Migration doesn't allow a selective importation. Definitely I decided a clean installation (I have only a few users and services and I can afford). I backup and export all data I install a new fresh Mavericks Server and I import all data again. Now all it's going fine and my "final point" is restore the Wiki. I have the "collab.pgdump" exported from Lion Server and "FileData" files backup.

¿Do you know if it's possible to restore in Mavericks from it?

Thanks for your interest.

Jul 24, 2014 4:09 AM in response to Linc Davis

I can update a copy of the old Lion Server to Mavericks. The Wiki files seems not be corrupted, only de files related with Contacts and Calendars. Then now I would have two Mavericks servers. Because the OD is the same, do you think it will work if I copy this two files from one to another?.

/Library/Server/PostgreSQL For Server Services

/Library/Server/Wiki

What will happen with other services, specially with Contacts and Calendars?

Jul 25, 2014 8:43 AM in response to Linc Davis

I'm trying again with the instructions I have found here: Wiki migration issues to OSX Server Mavericks.

To do a Wiki backup in the old computer with Mavericks:

sudo mkdir /Volumes/Mavericks/temp

sudo /pg_dump -h "/Library/Server/Wiki/PostgresSocket" --format=c --compress=9 --blobs --username=collab --file=/Volumes/Mavericks/temp/collab.pgdump collab

Restore in the new Mavericks computer:

Paste the Wiki folder of the old computer in Server of the new one

sudo chown -R _teamsserver:_teamsserver /Library/Server/Wiki/FileData

sudo chmod -R +a "www allow read" /Library/Server/Wiki/FileData

pg_restore -h "/Library/Server/Wiki/PostgresSocket" -d collab -U collab --single-transaction /temp/collab.pgdump

I'll tell to you the results and the logs if fail.

Thanks

Jul 25, 2014 11:36 PM in response to delmod

Now when I'm trying to restore I have always "pg_restore: command not found". There is a sintaxis mistake? (My folder with the collab.pgdump is "temp2")

servidor:~ admin$ sudo pg_restore -h "/Library/Server/Wiki/PostgresSocket" -d collab -U collab --single-transaction /temp2/collab.pgdump

sudo: pg_restore: command not found

Thanks

Restore Wiki in Mavericks from Lion Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.