Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic X - Exs24 missing "legacy instruments" folder

HI,

I'm missing the Legacy Instruments folder in my EXS24. It's not in the sampler, and it's not in the file system (/Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments). There _should_ be a folder there called "12 Legacy Instruments", but it doesn't exist.

I've found a few other threads on this and tried:

repairing permissions.

REindexing Spotlight

re-downloading Legacy and Compatibility from Download Additional Content

Suggestions please?

Thanks!

logic 10.0.7

Mac 10.9.4

Posted on Jul 23, 2014 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2014 12:38 PM

Anyone?

I've found some instructions on using Pacifist to re-install individual legacy content, but these posts are 4-5 years old, and related to Logic 7 and 8, so I'm hesitant. I know I'm not the only one with this problem — it's an issue both at my home studio and studio studio!

3 replies

Jul 26, 2014 2:28 AM in response to Jesse Stern

OK, I figured out that this Legacy content is on the Logic 9 install disks. Here's how I solved it. I used Pacifist, which was mentioned in some other threads, but not really explained. I was also unsure whether this was a Logic 9 legacy issue, or something from way back in Logic 7 or 8. Hopefully this will help someone....

1. Download and install Pacifist from Charlessoft

2. Get all your Logic 9 disks ready, and open the Logic Studio Install disk in Pacifist. (You will need to insert all the Logic disks to open the complete package.)

3. in Pacifist, search "legacy". In mine, this gave 5 results: Legacy Bass Guitar, 10 Legacy Instruments, 04 Logic Legacy Kits, 12 Legacy Instruments, and 06 Legacy Spaces. The Pacifist browser window shows the file path.

4. In the Pacifist browser, right-click (or control-click) on the folder, and choose "Extract to Custom Location...", and extract to the corresponding location on your hard drive:

• /Library/Application Support/Logic/Channel Strip Settings/Track/04 Bass Guitar/Legacy Bass Guitar/
  • /Library/Application Support/Logic/EXS Factory Samples/10 Legacy Instruments/
  • /Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/Ultrabeat/04 Logic Legacy Kits/
  • /Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments/12 Legacy Instruments/
  • /Library/Audio/Impulse Responses/Apple/06 Legacy Spaces

That should be all you need to add the Legacy content, without doing a full install. They are all just presets, except the EXS stuff, which is presets and samples — so if you want that you need to add both the EXS Factory Samples/10 Legacy Instruments AND the Sampler Instruments/12 Legacy Instruments. Otherwise they can be added modularly.

Jul 26, 2014 3:07 AM in response to Jesse Stern

Update: in testing this, I realized that the Space Designer legacy stuff is IR's, so you would need to load IR, rather than load preset; there doesn't seem to be any preset list corresponding to these IR's.

Also, I tested the Ultrabeat legacy kits only briefly, but the samples themselves seem to be present in the existing installation. If any are missing, you would put them into /Library/Application Support/Logic/Ultrabeat Samples/

Logic X - Exs24 missing "legacy instruments" folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.