Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are Genius Bar appointments logged to your apple I.D. or your serial number?

I took my MBP into the Genius Bar today and I completely messed up my description of what was up and the Genius gave me a quote for a part I know for a fact is functioning perfectly due to my lackluster synopsis. Anyway, my question is a simple yes/no question, please no answers offering alternate solutions. Just want to know whether Genius Bar appointments are logged on the system so they could see I've been in today if I wanted to go in tomorrow. If so are they linked to my Apple ID or MacBook serial number? If it's the ID it's fine as I can use my Dad's but if it's the serial number I can't really take it in again. Just a yes or no answer please. Thanks guys 😀

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Jul 23, 2014 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2014 11:03 AM

If made online, and an AppleID is used, then it is tied to the Genius Bar appointment. The serial number is logged every time you visit the genius bar.

3 replies

Are Genius Bar appointments logged to your apple I.D. or your serial number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.