Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is up with iTunes 11.3 and podcasts? In view list nothing works-beachball forever. Nothing is usable.

iTunes 11.3 is broke with podcasts. View lists is unusable. Why the eternal beach-ball? I have over 100 subscriptions with over 1000 podcasts in storage. Is this feature being discontinued with no notice? I require the ability to make playlists for iPod classic for podcasts. This is my modern day radio. I have 40, 000 songs all legally owned and paid for in full. iMac is less than one year old. Is Apple abandoning podcasts? Will they let users know? Why is Apple making it difficult to create a playlists with podcasts?

27" iMac

5.11 Version 10.9: "Mavericks"

• 3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
  • 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4X8GB
  • 1TB Flash Storage with two external 1T WD MyBooks.
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB GDDR5

iMac 2013-OTHER, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 23, 2014 3:09 PM

1 reply

Jul 23, 2014 9:28 PM in response to jaxx1138

Read this whole message before doing anything.

Back up all data.

Quit iTunes if it’s running.

Step 1

Hold down the option key and select

Go Library

from the Finder menu bar. Move the following items from the Library folder to the Trash, if they exist:

Application Support/SyncServices

Caches/com.apple.iTunes

Caches/QCCompositionRepository-com.apple.iTunes.cache

Containers/com.apple.BKAgentService

Saved Application State/com.apple.iTunes.savedState

Leave the Library folder open. Try iTunes again. If it works now, stop here. Close the Library folder.

Step 2

If you still have problems, quit iTunes again. Go back to the Finder and move the following item from the open Library folder to the Desktop:

iTunes

Note: you are not moving the iTunes application or the iTunes library. You’re moving a folder named “iTunes.”Test. If iTunes now works, delete the iTunes folder on the Desktop. Otherwise, quit iTunes again. Put back the folder you moved, overwriting the newer one that may have been created in its place, and continue.

Step 3

In the Preferences subfolder, there may be several files with names that begin as follows:

com.apple.iTunes

com.apple.mobile.iTunes

Move them all to the Desktop.

Also in the Preferences folder, there's a subfolder named "ByHost". Open it and do the same thing.

Test again. This time iTunes should perform normally, but your settings will be lost. You may be able to put back some of the files you moved to the Desktop in this step. Relaunch and test after each one. Eventually you should find one or more that causes iTunes to malfunction. Delete those files and recreate whatever settings they contained.

If the issue is still not resolved, quit iTunes again and put all the items you moved to the Desktop back where they were. You don’t need to replace the items you moved to the Trash. Stop here and post again.

If you later decide that you don’t like the results of steps 2 and 3, you can undo them completely by quitting iTunes and restoring the items you deleted in those steps from your backup.

What is up with iTunes 11.3 and podcasts? In view list nothing works-beachball forever. Nothing is usable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.