Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dell 4K UP2414Q and Yosemite

Hi there,

I'm hoping that a a developer could confirm that Yosemite beta supports the Dell UP2414Q 4K monitor at 60Hz at scaled resolutions.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Jul 23, 2014 4:37 PM

9 replies

Jul 24, 2014 6:59 PM in response to samdale67

I have a rMBP late 2013 with GT750M and just installed yosemite beta. I'm fairly certain the latest Mavericks supported UP2414Q, but i can confirm Yosemite does too. Works great with mDP to DP cable.

I've only tested the full sized displayport, as I don't have mDP to mDP cable. I don't think the mDP port on the dell can support 4k 60hz unfortunately.

Apr 19, 2015 1:13 AM in response to serwera

I have Retina MBP 13" Early 2015, and have dell up2414q 4k monitor, i couldn't get it connected by the mini DP to regular DP cable which came with the dell monitor. When connected the dell monitor does not show anything at all, on the mac side cursor starts acting weirdly and you cannot point anywhere with it. For this reason i ordered mini dp to mini dp cable and i will check with that. any one with a similar problem and solution?

Dell 4K UP2414Q and Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.