Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i remove an app from the menu bar?

My boyfriend downloaded this app called "fit bit" to set up this wrist band thing he got now I've deleted the program by going into my applications and deleted it that way but its still showing on my menu bar. When I click on the app symbol the menu drops down and gives me 5 options: Open main menu, Preferences, Check for updates, Fitbit.com dashboard, and Online help. Nothing happens when I click on any of them except the fitbit.com dashboard - it opens the internet website. I have no idea how he installed this and he just went home and now this thing is stuck on my menu bar and its driving me crazy. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!😠

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Jul 23, 2014 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2014 6:37 PM

Chances are you need to re-install the FitBit app and see if it offers an un-installer, which will remove all the extra bits. Often the .dmg with the app will have an installer, or the actually installer will have an option to un-install.

3 replies

how do i remove an app from the menu bar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.