Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone/iPad no sync

I had spyware on my computer. In order to remove the problem files, I did a System Restore to an earlier date. I have an iPhone 5c (32 GB) Version 7.1.2 and an iPad Air version 7.1.2. I get the following message when I attempt to sync on iTunes:

Sync Contacts

iTunes could not connect to the iPad "^FILENAME" because the pairing record is missing. Your notes are being synced with %1$S over the air.

What is going on with my phone and tablet?? I use a Windows PC.

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1.2, iPad Air iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 23, 2014 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2014 8:03 PM

More than likely your system restore has corrupted those files, since they are different than the content on the phone/iPad. You may have to delete the contacts from the phone and then copy them back from the computer. I'm not sure if this is recoverable as it is.

After looking through the knowledge base, see if anything in this support document will help. Sync Services: Advanced troubleshooting for contact and calendar syncing

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2014 8:03 PM in response to Maleficient27

More than likely your system restore has corrupted those files, since they are different than the content on the phone/iPad. You may have to delete the contacts from the phone and then copy them back from the computer. I'm not sure if this is recoverable as it is.

After looking through the knowledge base, see if anything in this support document will help. Sync Services: Advanced troubleshooting for contact and calendar syncing

iPhone/iPad no sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.