Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you bypass the apple id activation on a Mac?

Hi. I have a lab full of Macs, all with a screen prompt for an Apple ID. The school doesn't have an ID and suggests I don't use my own. Can I remove this prompt for good or will the students have to see it every day? After a google search with this question, I found something that suggests using a script, but I've no idea where to put a script on a Mac. I thought I was somewhat Mac knowledgeable until today. 😕 Advice much appreciated.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Jul 24, 2014 7:30 AM

18 replies

Jul 25, 2014 9:10 AM in response to notcloudy

The school ordered the computers and set them up, and they tell me they don't have an Apple ID. 😕 I decided to go against their orders and use my own Apple ID to set up an administrator's log in, then create log ins and passwords for my students. I don't get the prompt when I sign in since I used my Apple ID, but when the students log in, that's when these prompts come up. I would rather not have my Apple ID on every log in for everyone on every computer (since I wasn't supposed to use it at all).

Jul 25, 2014 9:45 AM in response to kellyfromKatrinaland

kellyfromKatrinaland wrote:

The school ordered the computers and set them up

Bummer. That's your problem. They were setup incorrectly. I can't tell you what was done wrong because I don't have all the details of your configuration. I have seen other, similar setups that work fine.

You seem to be taking the correct route if you have typical Mac-hostile, incompetent IT staff. Here is a post to fix this problem for Mountain Lion. It should be easy to adjust for Mavericks.

Jul 25, 2014 9:50 AM in response to kellyfromKatrinaland

Instead of using your own ID you should have set up an ID for the school.

Are these hooked up to the internet? It may be asking for that login to make the connection - so you may have to setup that connection for each student.

As these are new, call Apple Support and explain that you are the system administrator for the Lab and you need help fixing the problem and removing your ID and fixing the setup.

How do you bypass the apple id activation on a Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.