Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X 10010 error - Disk too slow

Hey,

I installed the most recent OSX update and now Logic Pro X is giving me the 10010 error quite often. This didn't happen much at all before installing that OSX update. Highly annoying and gets in the way of my workflow. Here's my set up:

OSX 10.9.4

32 gigs of DDR3 RAM

Logic Pro X 10.0.7

SDD 1 - OS (400 gigs free)

HDD 1 - Project files (635 gigs free)

HDD 2 - Samples/SFX Source (1.04 TB free)

HDD 3 - Samples/SFX Source (1.09 TB free)

MOTU - up to date with the latest drivers as well

I/O Buffer size: 512 samples

Process Buffer Range: Medium

Everything was running super smooth for a long time before updating my OS. This error happens when I'm running Logic sessions of only audio, or only samples and doesn't seem to matter which drive I'm referencing. It happens when I'm working to video and when I'm not. Other DAWs, such as Reason, don't seem to have this issue at all and their samples (or refills) are located on the same HDDs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you guys need any additional info - just ask.

Thanks,

Nate

Logic Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Jul 24, 2014 8:42 AM

3 replies

Jul 30, 2014 1:51 AM in response to nsmadsen

Let me preface this by saying I'm no kind of expert, so protect yourself accordingly.

I have been having the same problem. It appears that the new update, as part of its energy/battery life savings, is more aggressive about spinning down and parking the hard drive. I haven't timed the interval, but my sense is about 5 minutes. I've developed the habit of, after any pause more than a couple of minutes, clicking on "Play," watching the beach ball for a few seconds while the drive spins back up, and then when the playback head starts to move, you're good to go. I've not gotten the error in any situation without the pause.

Good luck.

Larry

Logic Pro X 10010 error - Disk too slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.