Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help automatically numbering invoice sheets. Thanks

Hi

I am new to numbers and I have created an invoice. I now want to be able to add copies of this layout for new invoices so that it will automatically fill in the invoice number.

I am working with the latest version of Numbers in Mavericks 10.9.3.

I am sure to an experienced user this is very simple but at present it is frustrating.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Russ

Numbers-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Jul 24, 2014 9:06 AM

3 replies

Jul 27, 2014 4:48 PM in response to russellfromlightwater

Hi Russell,

I am wondering why you are starting with the invoice. If you started with a central data table, say one line for each invoice, and a column for each charge, it would not only be easy to generate new invoice numbers by filling down in the data table it would be easy to examine that data, summarize, etc.. It would be much easier to navigate to past invoices- in many cases you could find at a glance what you wanted in your data table.

I am suggesting a single invoice that draws on a data table to populate its various charges dependent on what name or invioce number is entered into it. This invoice is printed to be sent and/or saved to a pdf if you want an actual copy of what was sent. How does that sound?

quinn

Need help automatically numbering invoice sheets. Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.