Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I access facebook on my iPod Touch?

I was able to access Facebook this morning...but, for some reason this afternoon I can't gain access. I tried but kept getting the "no network" error message, then I deleted the app and re-installed it and tried to sign in with no success. The error message I am receiving now is...Login Failed. Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. Error code: -994.

After receiving this message on the sign-in page, I clicked on "Need Help?" at the bottom of the screen and clicked on Help Center. After clicking, I received this message: Cannot Verify Server Identity. Safari cannot verify the identity of "m.facebook.com". Would you like to continue anyway?

I don't know if I should click on continue because I don't know what is going to happen, therefore I clicked on cancel and decided to ask for help.

Jackie

Posted on Jul 24, 2014 2:18 PM

2 replies

Jul 24, 2014 2:22 PM in response to Mz. Jackee

Does the iOS device connect to other networks? If yes that tend to indicate a problem with your network.

Does the iOS device see the network?

Any error messages?

Do other devices now connect OK to this network?

Did the iOS device connect before?

Try the following to rule out a software problem:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Power off and then back on your router

- Go to Settings>General>Time&Date and make sure that date, time and timezone are correct.

.- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

- Wi-Fi: Unable to connect to an 802.11n Wi-Fi network

- iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem and it does not connect to any networks make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Jan 20, 2015 10:01 AM in response to lllaass

My wife's iPad Air has for the last two days suddenly gotten the exact same error message 'Login Failed. Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. Error code: -994', every time she tries to log onto Facebook via the Facebook app.

I've updated her iPad's software, trashed and renewed the Facebook app, turned everything off and back on again, and gone thru the list suggested above as far as ' Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings'.

Her iPad connects to Facebook via Safari, but not via the FB App. All the many other Apple devices in our house are not having any connectivity problems.

Would appreciate any tips!

Why can't I access facebook on my iPod Touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.