Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did my mac not give its location. When connected to the internet?

My mac air was stolen in Morocco yesterday. It has since connected to the internet, beeped and locked itself BUT did not give its location. Really need help quick on this one guys as it was taken from a locked room and I leave tomorrow.

MacBook Air, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 25, 2014 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2014 8:40 AM

iCloud: Troubleshooting Find My iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4006

"No location available," "Offline," or "Location Services Off" alerts

This can occur if:

• The date on your device is incorrect. Choose Settings > General > Date & Time to check and set the date.
  • Your iOS device is currently off or not connected to a data network (Edge, 3 or 4G, or Wi-Fi). Wait a few minutes and try again.
  • Your iPad (Wi-Fi only), iPod Touch, or Mac is currently off or not connected to a Wi-Fi network.
  • Location Services is not enabled on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch (Settings > Privacy) or on your Mac (Date & Time) preferences. Learn more about Location Services on your Mac:
  • You are located in a country where Apple does not offer this feature. This feature may not be available in all countries due to technical limitations or local law.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2014 8:40 AM in response to YuleSparrow

iCloud: Troubleshooting Find My iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4006

"No location available," "Offline," or "Location Services Off" alerts

This can occur if:

• The date on your device is incorrect. Choose Settings > General > Date & Time to check and set the date.
  • Your iOS device is currently off or not connected to a data network (Edge, 3 or 4G, or Wi-Fi). Wait a few minutes and try again.
  • Your iPad (Wi-Fi only), iPod Touch, or Mac is currently off or not connected to a Wi-Fi network.
  • Location Services is not enabled on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch (Settings > Privacy) or on your Mac (Date & Time) preferences. Learn more about Location Services on your Mac:
  • You are located in a country where Apple does not offer this feature. This feature may not be available in all countries due to technical limitations or local law.

Jul 25, 2014 9:17 AM in response to Limnos

Thanks. I believe that my time was still set to uk time and didn't change.

I Realise this May not give an exact location but would apple be able to tell me whether this happened in the Atlas Mountains or in Marrakech (3hrs away)

this his would make such a massive different to our case. The local law here is laughable!

(or an IP or router serial number or something)

Why did my mac not give its location. When connected to the internet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.