Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just got a nano 7th generation but came in chinese language and don't understand

Hi

I new at this, I just got the nano 7th generation. Took it out of the package and discover that is in chinese language and don't understand and don't know which one of the setting in the one for changing the language.

Can anyone help one

Annie

iPod nano, Windows 7, Ipod Nano 7th generation

Posted on Jul 25, 2014 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2014 1:31 PM

Hey there amontalvo,

It sounds like your default language needs to be changed on your iPod Nano 7th gen. These instructions should help you get that reset, from the following article:

iPod: Changing the display language

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1824

1. Reset your iPod—Depending on how much you've used your iPod since selecting the language, simply resetting your iPod may cause it to forget the current language setting, enabling you to select a new one. See How to reset iPod for instructions.
    Note: When you reset your iPod, all your music and data files are saved, though you may need to reset some customized settings.
  2. Update your iPod software—If you haven't updated your iPod software recently, use the latest version of iTunes and update the iPod software.
  3. Go to the main menu—Disconnect your iPod from your computer, then press the Menu button until the menu title says "iPod," regardless of the language displayed. This means you are at the main menu.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2014 1:31 PM in response to Amontalvo

Hey there amontalvo,

It sounds like your default language needs to be changed on your iPod Nano 7th gen. These instructions should help you get that reset, from the following article:

iPod: Changing the display language

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1824

1. Reset your iPod—Depending on how much you've used your iPod since selecting the language, simply resetting your iPod may cause it to forget the current language setting, enabling you to select a new one. See How to reset iPod for instructions.
    Note: When you reset your iPod, all your music and data files are saved, though you may need to reset some customized settings.
  2. Update your iPod software—If you haven't updated your iPod software recently, use the latest version of iTunes and update the iPod software.
  3. Go to the main menu—Disconnect your iPod from your computer, then press the Menu button until the menu title says "iPod," regardless of the language displayed. This means you are at the main menu.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

I just got a nano 7th generation but came in chinese language and don't understand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.