Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Won't Save Passwords

I'm using Safari 7.1.2 on my iPhone 4s and I can't find a way to store my website passwords, so every time I visit sites that require one I have to reenter it. I know from what I've seen on the web that I'm not alone on this. Has anyone found a solution?

Posted on Jul 25, 2014 10:49 AM

13 replies

Jul 25, 2014 11:32 AM in response to MartinLiss

That typically happens when you previously decline to save the password, or the site itself prevents it.

Are you using Private browsing, by any chance?

Try this: Go to Settings App > Safari > Passwords & AutoFill > Saved Passwords. Tap Edit and then selct one of the sites, then Delete. Open Safari and go to the site and log in, making sure to select Save Password when prompted. Go back top the Settings app and check to see if the password actually saved.

Jul 25, 2014 3:30 PM in response to MartinLiss

Private Browsing is enabled by tapping the two squares in the bottom right of Safari, then tap private in the lower left.

You'll know when it is in Private browsing when the top and bottom of Safari are black with white lettering, instead of the normal white with grey lettering.

If that's not it,

Have you tried Clear Cookies and Data, and Clear History?

Safari Won't Save Passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.