Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get the gmail icon onto my iPad ?

Hi,

could anyone help me with a couple of problems I'm having......

i Have a new iPhone / iPad but after several hours setting up I can't get the gmail icon onto the iPad, also I've created an iCloud account and all my old stored photos were transferred to my phone but not the iPad ....., it's been a long day and I'm struggling now so any help would be greatly appreciated.

thankyou 🙂

Posted on Jul 25, 2014 12:10 PM

11 replies

Jul 25, 2014 3:03 PM in response to randers4

Well now I'm totally lost,...... I tried the spotlight search and nothing 😟

the he app is still present on my phone and it's working fine.

i Looked in settings and at the bottom there's the gmail icon, when I looked at it it just says "about" and states the version number........

from the the above replies I've already learned so much , thank you all !!

looks like I may have to find someone local to help resolve my problem..............

one one final question if I may....., when I take a photo using the iPad it goes to my cloud then to my phone.

how do I get the older photos from my cloud / phone onto the iPad ?

loving all the apple products but beginning to think I'm a little out of my depth...

thanks ask to all those who have tried to help.

Jul 25, 2014 3:13 PM in response to Black Country boy

One thing you might try is to connect your phone to your computer, open iTunes, then go to File>Devices>Transfer Purchases. This will transfer the Gmail app to your iTunes library if it's not already there. Then you can connect your iPad to your computer, open iTunes, click on the name of your iPad in iTunes, go to the Apps tab and click Remove if it this is shown next to the Gmail app, then click Apply at the bottom to sync your iPad. This will remove the app if it's present. Then go back to the Apps tab and click Install, then click Apply at the bottom to sync again to sync it back to your iPad. (If it says Install rather than Remove, click Install then click Apply at the bottom to install it.)

If you want to stream older photos from your iPhone to your iPad, you'll have to add them to a shared stream as explained here: http://help.apple.com/icloud/#/mmc0cd7e99. (You don't have to invite any subscribers, as the owner of the shared stream you are automatically subscribed to it.) The shared stream will then appear on your iPad in the Shared section of the Photos app. You can then save these photos to your camera roll on your iPad and delete the shared stream (or just leave things the way they are). Alternatively, you can use an app like PhotoSync to transfer them over your wifi.

How do I get the gmail icon onto my iPad ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.