Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Install Bootcamp Help?

I have 3 HDD, the original, one that I am currently using and another free 1TB Seagate drive. I looked up tutorials on installing bootcamp, but it seems a little daunting; there's different formats for your drive, journal-ed and I forget the rest.

The image in my mind is, you format a free drive, external or internal, format it to a certain format,

Then partitioning, which i think is just setting a certain amount of space for certain task, (if someone could explain partitioning that would be great too).

Partition a part of the hard drive for bootcamp, how much space is required is unknown to me.

Then run bootcamp assistant, anddd, I'm kind of lost there but I know there's something to do with install Window 7 from the instal cd and I think i can manage at that point.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jul 25, 2014 1:45 PM

1 reply

Jul 25, 2014 1:52 PM in response to JimmyCheckers

Boot Camp partitions can only be made on internal drives that have only one extant partition - usually the original Macintosh HD volume. You cannot install nor boot Windows from an external drive. You cannot use Boot Camp on an internal drive with more than one partition. Since you have a MBP you can only use Boot Camp on your internal drive.

Open Boot Camp Assistant in the Utilities folder. Click on the Print Documentation button. Carefully read the documentation before proceeding. If you don't understand something, then read it again and again until you do. Or ask for help.

Since you are running Snow Leopard:

Boot Camp 3.0, Mac OS X 10.6- Frequently asked questions

Boot Camp Support

How to Install Bootcamp Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.