Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Entering ITunes password every time it want to rent movie

I Have Apple TV 2nd generation. Every time I want to rent a movie or show I have to enter my password , even for purchases on the same day.

this started happening with the last software upgrade. What can I do to save my password for ITunes in Apple TV?

Apple TV, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jul 25, 2014 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2014 2:05 PM

Hello rsaugust,

The option to save your Apple ID is selectable when signing into your Apple ID in Settings, as detailed below.

Sign in to the iTunes Store

1. From the main Apple TV menu, choose Settings > iTunes Store.
    If your location and iTunes account already appear here, skip to the next section.
  2. Select Location.
  3. Scroll to highlight your location and select it.
  4. Press the Menu button on the remote once to return to the previous screen.
  5. Select Sign in.
  6. Enter your Apple ID and password. If you don't have an Apple ID, create one using iTunes on your computer. (The password is case-sensitive.) Note: If your Apple ID is an AOL account, you'll need to convert it to work with Apple TV. If you need help converting your AOL account, please contact iTunes Store Customer Service.
  7. Apple TV will give you the option to remember your password. Select Yes if you want to save the password.
  8. Press and hold the Menu button to return to the main Apple TV menu.

How to rent a movie from the iTunes Store on Apple TV

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1498

Cheers,

Allen

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2014 2:05 PM in response to rsaugust

Hello rsaugust,

The option to save your Apple ID is selectable when signing into your Apple ID in Settings, as detailed below.

Sign in to the iTunes Store

1. From the main Apple TV menu, choose Settings > iTunes Store.
    If your location and iTunes account already appear here, skip to the next section.
  2. Select Location.
  3. Scroll to highlight your location and select it.
  4. Press the Menu button on the remote once to return to the previous screen.
  5. Select Sign in.
  6. Enter your Apple ID and password. If you don't have an Apple ID, create one using iTunes on your computer. (The password is case-sensitive.) Note: If your Apple ID is an AOL account, you'll need to convert it to work with Apple TV. If you need help converting your AOL account, please contact iTunes Store Customer Service.
  7. Apple TV will give you the option to remember your password. Select Yes if you want to save the password.
  8. Press and hold the Menu button to return to the main Apple TV menu.

How to rent a movie from the iTunes Store on Apple TV

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1498

Cheers,

Allen

Entering ITunes password every time it want to rent movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.