Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to post a question and receiving: You are not allowed to create or update this content

I am a newbie and am trying to post a question to the support communities and received this reply:"You are not allowed to create or update this content"

My question:

Help! Not all my incoming mail messages are going to my home computer account. Some are derailed and end up in my inbox on my iphone only. My husband is waiting for a message to come through on the home computer and sometimes they end up on my iphone5 accounts. Yikes! He is not happy. Some messages come to my pc email and some only to my phone. But then, some come to both as they should. I need all mail to arrive at both home and on my iphone. I would so appreciate any help or advice given. Thank you! Iphone 5c IOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 25, 2014 4:33 PM

85 replies

Jul 25, 2014 5:48 PM in response to suzyfromredlands

I'm not sure, but you might try this (instructions are from my 5s running iOS 7.1.2):

On your iPhone, go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars

Find the account you're having the problem with

Touch the arrow to the right of it, which will bring up a screen that has the account name, Mail and Notes

Touch the account name. This brings up a settings screen for only that account.

Go down to Advanced and touch that

See what it says under Deleted Messages. If Remove is set to something really short, your iPhone might be deleting the messages before they have a chance to download onto another device.

Sep 1, 2014 6:34 PM in response to kolekarpio

I've bumped into this myself. I've found that I can update discussions, but not start a new one. I've tried the following solutions:

- Have my manager login with his account.

- Change my post to not contain ">" characters, in case the system thought that I was trying to do an attack.

- Change my post to just be a couple of sentences, to which I would later add the real post.

- Change the product and operating system, including changing it to "none selected".

- Calling apple support. (They apparently don't really support the website discussion boards.)

Any other ideas?

Sep 5, 2014 10:53 AM in response to mistermouse

I received several emails from Apple trying to troubleshoot and resolve this issue. I haven't tried to post another question recently, but if anyone does and has this problem again, they would like a "screenshot or .pdf of the page that you’ve used to attempt to create your question," so if you can do that and send it to Apple it may help them resolve this issue. I did send them a screen shot of the error message, as posted above, but apparently that wasn't sufficient for their troubleshooting efforts. Sorry I don't have the info about who I sent this problem to to begin with, but maybe someone else could provide an email address or web page for sending it in.

Trying to post a question and receiving: You are not allowed to create or update this content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.