Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Date Issues

I really don't know what's happened to OS X --other than changes to make the system complicatedly 'user friendly' and at times impossible to use, (literally). Apple's fully overhauled the system and made major changes to break functional applications, including Finder.

Anyway, my issue is with one of their apps which hasn't been the same since SL, although I'm pretty sure SL was light-on for features too.

Does anyone know how to fix the Calendar? Going into System Preferences to start a week on a Monday in Mavericks shifts the weeks to start on a Monday. Yay! What it should do. Although, it doesn't shift the date numbers, (one per square in the upper right corner when viewed in month view); it forgets to shift the day names -- which are fixed to the title bar at the top of the page.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

I know enough to submit a bug report, but honestly I wondered how anyone could overlook such an obvious feature that without this problem (confirmed) in releases prior to Lion.

I for one hate the Calendar now among many apps on Mac OS X, and if I wasn't so invested in the ecosystem, their down-grades with each subsequent release would have converted me over already. It's pretty disappointing when I go back to my old iMac and notice how much more I prefer Leopard and the way Apple was.

Ed

Mac mini (Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Jul 26, 2014 2:25 AM

There are no replies.

Calendar Date Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.