Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

it's mavericks 10.9.4 only 64 bit?

Hello All,

i have a little question but make me very confused...

it's mavericks 10.9.4 only 64 bit system?

thanks and ciao

iMac

Posted on Jul 26, 2014 3:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2014 4:36 AM

Yes Mavericks is a 64bit kernel and only runs on Intel chips with 64bit support and Macs that have 64bit EFI firmware.

It will run both 32 and 64bit applications, just as all previous 64bit versions of Mac OS X have.

Did you have 32/64bit concern?

5 replies

Jul 26, 2014 5:28 AM in response to BobHarris

Hello,

thank you for the fast answer time :-)

32 bit ....until now :-)

i just ask because i not knowing that and now thank your answer i'm know too..

i have an imac 27" , 2.7 ghz , 8 gb and maverick 10.9.4 ... all work perfekt

my quest born because i use ableton live 9 (32 bit) and now i purchased from ik multimedia the new sampletank 3 (64 bit) .... now ....both work perfektly standalone but i not can use sampletank(vst) on ableton ... 64 vs 32

Jul 26, 2014 7:58 AM in response to silwio74

If there are kernel extensions or device drivers in either of those packages, then the extension or driver needs to be 64-bits, since the will run as part of the kernel and Mavericks is a 64bit only kernel.

If the 2 apps need to exchange data in some way, and they are having issues using shared memory or something, then that might explain the 64 vs 32 bit limitations between those 2 apps.

I am not familiar with either of those apps, so I'm really just guessing.

it's mavericks 10.9.4 only 64 bit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.