Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1 book 2 apple ID accounts

I purchased a book on my apple ID account. My wife wants to read the same book, at the same time, but have it on her device. Is there a way to share the book without having to purchase it a second time?

iPad, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 26, 2014 6:35 PM

1 reply

Jul 27, 2014 2:05 PM in response to wonka965

If you don't share the same iTunes account then you could connect your iPad to your computer's iTunes and do File > Devices > Transfer Purchases to copy it over, right-click the book in the Books part of your iTunes library, select 'show in explorer' on the popup, copy it to a flash-drive, authorise your account on her computer's iTunes, File > Add To Library to add it, and she can then sync it to her device.

You could potentially log into your account on her device and redownload the book on it, but you might tie her iPad to your account for 90 days : iTunes Store: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID

1 book 2 apple ID accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.