Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage Suddenly Broken

I dug out my iPod Touch 5th generation again after preparing to sell it (and giving up) and restored all my stuff back onto it, including linking it with my iCloud account. Also, I previously used my family's Apple ID but seperate "Send and Receive" addresses so we all could just use iMessage without messing with making new Apple IDs, etc, but I made a new one to make my own iCloud account to clear up some issues a few months back. So I have been happily using my iPod and iPad, iMessage has worked on both, everything was fine. However, I was using iMessage when on my iPod, and the battery died so I went and reached for my iPad, composed the message again, and tried to send. Immediately, "failed to send". I then exit the app, re enter and I am completely signed out, I try signing back in, "iMessage Activation" "An error occurred during activation. Try again" I finally manage to sign in again on my iPod ONLY, iPad still won't work. I find out that the email other than my Apple ID email in "Send and Receive" completely disappeared. I wasn't using my Apple ID email for send and receive because it isn't the email that I used previously for iMessage, so I wouldn't be in people's contacts. Anyway, now I'm trying to re add my old send and receive email, but it gets stuck in validating, I receive no validation email or anything. I have tried restarting, etc, no luck. My iPads date was off when I first reached for it, which may have caused the issue, but I fixed it, then proceeded with the steps I mentioned before. How can I fix iMessage??

iOS 7.1.2, iPad mini with Retina Display

Posted on Jul 26, 2014 9:13 PM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2014 7:26 AM in response to XTheLancerX

Hi XTheLancerX,

I apologize, I'm a bit unclear on the exact nature of the issue you are describing, as well as the configuration you are trying to set up between your devices. If you are having issues activating or verifying (validating?) your account/email in iMessage, you may find the following articles helpful:

iOS: Troubleshooting FaceTime and iMessage activation

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4268

iOS: FaceTime or iMessage is "Unable to verify email because it is in use"

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3510

If you didn't receive your Apple ID verification or reset email

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5404

Regards,

- Brenden

Jul 29, 2014 4:08 PM in response to brenden dv

iMessage simply quit working on my iPad, but continued functioning perfectly on my iPod. The "Validating" I was talking about, was when you try to add a "Send and Receive" email, and to the right of the new email it reads "Validating" as it is adding itself to your Apple ID for iMessage. I only can log in on my iPod. On my iPad, it reads "iMessage Activation", "Please check your network connection and try again". My iPad is functioning perfectly well with WiFi, in fact, I am replying using my iPad at this very moment. In addition to the iMessage and FaceTime problems, notifications for Instagram and VZ Messages only show on my iPod, even though the settings for notifications are exactly the same on both devices.

iMessage Suddenly Broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.