Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to Numbers 3.2 and missing some simples...

I've searched, and when 3.x came out it seems much of what I like vanished with the older version. I've upgraded for longevity's sake, but man. 😟

I understand that many people like the changes, and complained about many of the features I enjoy, but that's why it's so nice to have customizable software, with options in the interface: everyone can have the app behave as THEY want it to. Instead of being handed a grey, one-size-fits or you're done.

Since the threads were all from last October, can I ask if there are any options for these items?

1) I really like (and need) the Sheet Pane. Having the slider at the top, with a drop-down for tables is not an improvement for me at all. Any way of putting that back?

2) The formula input-bar was something I found very helpful (and safe) when I'm working through, or changing a long equation. With the tiny pop-up now I know I'm going to mess something up. Any way to put THAT back? Now when I touch a cell there seems to be no way to just see what the content IS without double-clicking on it... is that correct?

I'm going to go growl in the corner, until you nice people tell me I can't have any of these any longer. Thanks, in advance, for any help.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), iPhone 4, 7 iPods, iPad1 3G, both ATVs

Posted on Jul 27, 2014 3:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2014 4:25 PM

Hi,

There has been much discussion on the Sheet pane and it seems there are some workarounds out there i just don't remember them.

2) The popup input for formulas can be resized- that is, as long as you want to make it. Another step but you will have what yoyo had before. You can also drag it about by grabbing that little dot.

Once you have single clicked on a cell, the contents of that cell are displayed along the bottom of the window. Double click on a cell with a formula in it and the results of the formula are diplayed there. This is updated as you change the formula. That is nice.

<softly into the corner> You can have some of what you are used to.

quinn

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2014 4:25 PM in response to derring do

Hi,

There has been much discussion on the Sheet pane and it seems there are some workarounds out there i just don't remember them.

2) The popup input for formulas can be resized- that is, as long as you want to make it. Another step but you will have what yoyo had before. You can also drag it about by grabbing that little dot.

Once you have single clicked on a cell, the contents of that cell are displayed along the bottom of the window. Double click on a cell with a formula in it and the results of the formula are diplayed there. This is updated as you change the formula. That is nice.

<softly into the corner> You can have some of what you are used to.

quinn

Jul 27, 2014 5:40 PM in response to derring do

until you nice people tell me I can't have any of these any longer. Thanks, in advance, for any help.

We're all just fellow users here. You can give feedback to Apple via your menu, Numbers > Provide Numbers Feedback.

1) I really like (and need) the Sheet Pane. Having the slider at the top, with a drop-down for tables is not an improvement for me at all. Any way of putting that back?

If by sheet pane you mean the vertical list of sheets, you can have something like this pop up (with your sheet names) whenever you hit a keyboard shortcut (in my case shift-command-j):

User uploaded file

This is done via a Jump to Sheet Automator Service (Dropbox download). To install just doubleclick the .workflow package and (if needed) click 'Download Anyway' in System Preferences > Privacy & Security.

This will cause a new item to appear in your Numbers > Services menu. Then, if you want a keyboard shortcut, go here in System Preferences and add one:

User uploaded file

You can rename or remove the service by holding down the option key in Finder and choosing Go > Library > Services. You can also view the AppleScript contaned within the service by opening the .workflow package in Automator.

This service jumps to the first cell of the first table of the sheet you choose from an automatically generated list of all sheets in the current document.

SG

Jul 27, 2014 6:42 PM in response to t quinn

Tscha... thanks for the information, I'll search more on sheet pane later. Appreciate the help!

Next reply - Thanks too, I know this is not Apple support, first place I went was to post a request/complaint. Do it a lot, never done a touch of good. I'll look over your suggestions too, appreciate you taking the time.

I remain annoyed, but will hold off on the growling. Thanks to both of you.

Upgraded to Numbers 3.2 and missing some simples...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.